Saturday 29 June 2013

The Argument Of All Arguments...This Console Generation

I, unlike many of my friends and even family, like both MW3 and Battlefield 3. But, for my friends' and family's sakes, I am going to compare them both, and then hopefully get your opinions on which game is better, along with an explanation(it doesn't have to be a good one, just please don't swear or say insulting things to anything other than the game you didn't choose). I'm hoping that I this doesn't turn into a bloodbath of commenting fan wars, so enjoy!

The first thing to compare, which I'm sure many sort of pass off if they aren't interested in co-op, is the co-op missions, called strikeforce for MW3, but just called Co-Op for Battlefield 3. While both are fully functioning and fun to play, I personally think that Battlefield 3 has the better Co-Op. While both require a certain teamwork element, Battlefield does the teamwork thing a lot better than Call Of Duty does. Not to say that Strikeforce is bad, but Battlefield 3 really requires teamwork, and the missions just feel like they are designed that way specifically, while the Strikeforce missions are really designed, for the most part, for both single player and co-op.

The next thing is the campaign, which many, including myself, would say is no contest. The campaign is definitely better with MW3, with a better story, better set piece moments, and better characters to follow and fight terrorists with. The campaign in MW3, while it can be a little confusing if you haven't played MW2, or even the first MW, it is definitely a great story that I thought was the best in the MW story arc. The campaign in Battlefield 3 isn't all that great. While the story is understandable, it's just not that interesting, and there isn't anything to interest me, even though I know that the game is trying to gain my interest. It ends way to abruptly, and I think that it ends right as it really is picking up.

What's next to compare is the multiplayer, which is definitely a difficult thing to do, but I will try to do this in a way that you guys will hopefully be okay with. With much thinking down, I think that I have my champion of multiplayer, and it is...Battlefield 3! While I deeply love MW3s multiplayer, and I still play it with friends when we want to just mess around on the cargo map, Battlefield 3 has been able to make go back to it time and time again, even with Black Ops II out. The teamwork makes using a headset a huge advantage over those who don't have a headset on, and each class is important in different ways. And, with the larger maps, the vehicular mayhem is unlike any other multiplayer I've ever experienced, and it definitely deserves this one.

Graphics is next, and I can say that there really isn't that much of a contest. Battlefield 3 definitely has it over on MW3 with the graphics. I don't think that MW3 is ugly, quite the opposite actually, but I think that the Frostbite 2 engine has a mile lead on the IW engine. Frostbite 2 looks amazing, and the destruction factor makes every battle change when you think that you have the objective secure in a building, only to have that building collapse on top of you. The only way the MW3 beats Battlefield 3 with graphics, which doesn't change my mind, but must be pointed out is the sun. In Battlefield 3, it's as if the earth has gotten a lot closer to the sun, and the sun has been turned up to 11. The sun is MW3 is not as much of a problem, although, at this point, I'm just nitpicking to try and give something to MW3.

The last thing is downloadable content and updates. I definitely give this to MW3, because I, after a while, got really annoyed with having to download 2 GB updates to Battlefield 3 to play online. And the downloadable content for MW3 was just more fun, in my opinion, with the addition of new modes that I hadn't played before, and those great map packs. Battlefield 3s map packs aren't bad, but I had felt as if I had already sort of seen them, with those kinds of environments already in the content on disk.

With my tally, the score is:Battlefield 3(3) MW3(2) The winner, by one point, is Battlefield 3, although I do love both of these game, so please don't think that I'm writing this just to be a fanboy who says, "Battlefield 3 is better!" like some people would. I want to hear from you guys about which one is your favorite, and why. I don't think that any answer will be stupid, and I appreciate you reading this. Have a nice day!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment